A vocational assessment provides information about an individual’s skills, abilities and interests, and identifies possible career paths the individual could pursue. Our vocational assessments (Residual Employability Assessments) evaluate an individual’s pre- and post-injury vocational potential and residual earning capacity.
At Vocational Consulting Group, an assessment is usually conducted for individuals who have been injured and may need to consider a change in occupation.
Each assessment is customized to the individual’s circumstances and generally involves:
- An in-depth personal interview to obtain background information
- A Transferable Skills Analysis
- A full battery of vocational tests
- A review of all applicable case documentation
- Labour market research to evaluate the availability of employment in particular areas and to gather information on wage rates and job prerequisites.
- A written report of findings, opinions and conclusions, defendable in court. The written report typically identifies job areas that are compatible with the profile and itemizes preliminary strategies to achieve a selected career goal.