David Bruce has served in the vocational consulting and career counselling fields for over 30 years. Mr. Bruce began his career with the Vocational Consulting Group in 1992 where he served for several years. Since then, Mr. Bruce has established an enviable record and has now returned to the Vocational Consulting Group and works out of our Victoria office.
Mr. Bruce received his Graduate Certificate in Organizational Psychology from the Professional School of Psychology; Master of Science Degree in Psychology from California Coast University; University Diploma in Rehabilitation Services from MacEwan University; and is a Certified Executive Coach.
- Certified Trainer, Leadership Effectiveness Analysis 360
- Registered Rehabilitation Professional
- Master’s Certificate Vocational Professional
Mr. Bruce has also created and implemented several Canadian government in-house programs that are now well established.
- Career Consulting Program for a provincial Government
- Assessment Program used in the recruitment and selection process for a territorial government
- A nationally funded program dedicated to the needs of men with severe employment barriers
- The first online/distance education program for the International Association for Psychological Type
Mr. Bruce has been qualified as an Expert Witness in Vocational Rehabilitation in the Supreme Courts of British Columbia, Supreme Courts of Yukon and Courts of Queens Bench, Alberta.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Association of Canada
- Association for Psychological Type
- American Board of Vocational Experts
- International Consortium for Coaching in Organizations
Recent Professional Activities
- The 6th Annual Health Care Professional Conference, WorkSafe BC (2010)
- The 10th Annual Health Care Professionals Conference, WorkSafe BC (2014)
- The 11th Annual Health Care Professionals Conference, WorkSafe BC (2015)
- VRA National Conference (2013)
- VRA National Conference (2014)
Bruce, David “The Effects of a Canadian Jobs Strategy Program on Self-Esteem and Return to Employment in Severely Employment Disadvantaged Men” 1990
Bruce, David “Job Entry: A Training Program in Hospitality and Customer Service for Employment Disadvantaged Youth,” 1986